Compensation: $107,190.00 - $163,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Rochester, NY (or Albuquerque, NM)
CVI Laser Optics, LLC
Director of Research, Development, & Engineering
Designs and tests multi-element objectives and lens systems to support the OEM business, new product development, and ongoing production. Evaluates design feasibility as a function of requirements and specifications, tolerances, and manufacturing processes. Tests component and assembly performance using, including but not limited to, interferometry, spectrophotometry, and custom tests. Discusses technical requirements and optical solutions with customers; troubleshoots in the areas of manufacturing processes and optical testing. This person will also design, create, and implement improvements regarding process and quality issues.
- Ability to generate accurate personnel, materials, schedule and budget requirements in support of complex engineering proposals
- Able to interface with customers to determine their needs, to present options and results professionally
- Capability to create optical systems and components specifications from system-level performance requirements
- Capacity to operate in a multi-tasking environment and communicate effectively with others and other departments; can help train other less experienced personnel/staff members
- Develop designs for optical components, systems, and products utilizing product specifications
- Naturally can work with autonomy; stays efficient with completing complex tasks without step-by-step instructions; can work with engineers or technicians to develop and debug test procedures, and to identify the cause of unusual results
- Other duties may be assigned according to the company's business strategies
- Provide accurate and detailed requirements documentation for the fabrication of optical components
- Skilled in integrating optical and mechanical designs and use advanced optical design and CAD simulation tools
- Working knowledge of optical test and evaluation equipment such as interferometers and spectrophotometers, and ability to provide accurate test requirements and support design/verification of test fixtures Interface with optomechanical or mechanical engineers to define tooling, optical mounting
- Ability to write technical reports in concise and accurate English; present the results orally as required; perform legible written communication
- Hands-on laboratory skills for assembly, alignment, calibration, and evaluation of optical systems; manipulate optics into and out of fixtures, tools, and carriers
- Maintain flexibility and work well with time and production restrictions; operate necessary optical system alignment tools and metrology tools
**EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:**
- Bachelor's degree in Optical Science or closely related field with four years' experience in optics; OR Master's degree in Optical Science or closely related field with two years' experience in optics; background of project management highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of geometrical optics, aberration theory, lasers, diffraction, and interference
- Direct experience with refractive, reflective, diffractive, and electro-optical elements
- Proficient with one or more optical design software such as Zemax, Code V, ASAP, and Trace Pro; familiar with data analysis tools such as SciPy or MatLAB; experience with CAD software, such as Solidworks or AutoCAD preferred
**PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:**
- Lift optics for inspecting, cleaning, testing, and packaging (up to 10-30 lbs.); demonstrate upper body mobility to lift objects frequently/occasionally
- Minimal fumes from alcohol and acetone (used when clean optics)
- Perform sedentary work at a workstation; continuous background noise from equipment
- Transport optics to and from the necessary departments
- This position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations; this person must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident
_Optical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity_
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you're driving has a BAND-IT? clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life? rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It's likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, autocad, boiler, cae, design, fluid, mechanical, mechanical engineer, naval
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...