Compensation: $66,405.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Rochester, NY (or Albuquerque, NM)
CVI Laser Optics, LLC
Director of Research, Development, & Engineering
Conceptualizes, designs and develops mechanical fixtures, housings, components and subsystems for optomechanical and optomechanical-electronic systems and products. Evaluates design feasibility as a function of requirements and specifications, tolerances, and manufacturing processes. Discusses technical requirements and solutions with customers. Designs and repairs machines, tooling, and fixturing. Troubleshoots in the areas of manufacturing processes and optical testing; this person will design, create, implement improvements (regarding mechanical engineering processes & mfg. quality issues).
- Ability to work independently and complete complex tasks without step-by-step instructions
- Aptitude to generate accurate personnel, materials, schedule and budgets requirements in support of complex engineering proposals
- Capability to generate mechanical subsystems and components specifications from system-level performance requirements
- Capacity to understand optical design requirements and translate them into corresponding mechanical designs
- Develop designs for mechanical components, systems, and products utilizing product specifications
- Enjoys interfacing with customers to determine their needs, to present options and results professionally
- Facility to work with other engineers or technicians to develop and debug test procedures, and to identify the cause of unusual results
- Provide accurate and detailed requirements documentation for the fabrication of mechanical components
- Skilled / able to train other less experienced personnel
- Talent to work in a fast-paced / multi-tasking environment and communicate effectively with others and other departments
Interface with optomechanical or optical engineers to define tooling, optical mounting
- Other duties may be assigned according to CVI's business strategies
**PROFESSIONAL / TECHNICAL / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:**
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field with 4 years' relevant experience; OR Master's degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field with 2 years' relevant experience
- Experience with project management preferred
- Expert knowledge of 3D modeling using CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Familiarity with machining and machine shop practices
- Knowledge with data analysis tools such as LabVIEW or MATLAB
- Perform legible written communication
- Ability to interpret drawings and working knowledge of GD&T systems and standards
**PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:**
- Able to handle optical components for inspecting, cleaning, testing, and packaging (often these pieces weight about 2030 lbs.)
- Bending/lifting from the waist, knees, and neck is necessary to operate job-related equipment; flexibility with the knees and neck to operate business equipment
- Continuous background noise from equipment
- Efficiently transport optics and mechanical components and subsystems to and from the necessary departments
- Lift optics for inspecting, cleaning, testing and packaging (up to 10-30 lbs.); demonstrated upper body mobility to lift objects frequently/occasionally
- Manipulate optics into and out of fixtures, tools, and carriers
- Minimal fumes from alcohol and acetone (used when clean optics)
- Perform legible written communication / sedentary work at a workstation
- Physically capable to walk or stand to a significant degree or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls (both weights lifted may be only a negligible amount)
- This job position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations; this person must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident
_Optical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity_
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you're driving has a BAND-IT? clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life? rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It's likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, ansys, assembly, automotive, boiler, mechanical engineer, propulsion, thermal, turbine, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...