Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
3501 Symmes Road
Hamilton, OH 45015
Responsible for the maintenance and reporting aspects of the quality management system at large. The Quality Engineer will demonstrate the ability to implement policies and procedures that enhance the awareness of quality, process controls and continuous improvement of the quality management system. Must be able to communicate and actively participate with all levels of management and operations personnel with regards to the advancement of quality initiatives for the organization. Must have strong data analysis, process improvement and project management background to assist in the generation, maintenance and reporting of corrective actions, metrics, process mapping, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard work.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Monitor, evaluate and work with department managers to complete assigned corrective actions. Verify effectiveness of corrective actions implemented. Support the development of metrics to support the corrective action program.
* Generate and maintain a repository of Return Material Authorization (RMA)/Return Goods Authorization and initiate credits, where applicable.
* Provide data inputs to assist in the communication of metrics reporting for the facility to communicate to entire organization regarding the state of quality.
* Audit existing and new ISO processes/procedures for compliance based on ISO requirements and audit history.
* Possess working knowledge of quality terminology/methodology, trends, operation of measurement devices i.e., Optical Comparator, CMM, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), et cetera desired.
* Knowledge and implementation of PPAPs to assist in the change management of manufactured product for the facility preferred. Ensure PPAP process is effectively deployed and assist in the completion of PPAP documentation.
* Assist in the maintenance of supplier quality data, provide inputs for supplier scorecards to Purchasing. Conduct supplier audits, where applicable.
* Develops and facilitates continuous improvement activities in process controls of critical processes at CMC - Hamilton, OH (CMCH) facility.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Engineering, or Quality Assurance discipline.
* A minimum of three (3) years experience as quality engineer is preferred.
* Experience in leading internal company audits and supplier audits is helpful.
* Must be proficient in data collection and analysis is required.
* Must be proficient in creation of presentations, facilitating training and public speaking is strongly preferred.
* Must be able to use statistical tools (SPC) for defect reduction and have knowledge of statistical programming software such as Minitab or R is advantageous.
* Certified by ASQ (American Society for Quality) as Quality Engineer is a plus.
* Experience in CNC Machining, Assembly is a plus.
* Ability to travel on occasion.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
* Frequently is required to stand and walk.
* During customer or field site visits, the employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
* Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
* Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
* Must have normal/correctable vision.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work with or near moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the factory work environment is usually loud. Occasional wearing of hearing protectors will be required.
* Employee is required to wear recommended PPE depending on work area visited when on the plant floor.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering Management
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Machinist, Quality Assurance, Data Center, Technology, Manufacturing
Associated topics: circuit, dsp, energy, power, renewable, schema, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer, wind