Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is seeking an energetic, responsible Quality Engineer Intern/Co-Op to join our growing organization for an outstanding learning opportunity. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures and will focus on learning how our organization runs. We also want to learn from you! Therefore the ideal candidate will be eager to share classroom knowledge while embracing an engaging real-world business opportunity.
As a Quality Engineer Intern/Co-Op, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Working with our Quality Assurance Department team on Quality Improvement Initiatives
* Working in our Quality Laboratory to analyze material samples using our SEM Equipment.
* Working with Associates to optimize inspection techniques and practices.
* Utilizing design of experiment techniques to compare practices in-house to exiting industry practices.
* Creating a cataloging system to organize test coupons and specimens.
Job Related Specific Skills:
* Strong communication skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong computer skills - Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), CAD
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
* Climate-controlled office environment.
* The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, mandatory hearing protection and safety shoes.
About Honda Aero, Inc. Honda Aero, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., established its corporate headquarters and jet engine manufacturing operations in Burlington, North Carolina, adjacent to Burlington-Alamance County Regional Airport in 2008. The Burlington plant serves as the primary production location for engines developed and marketed by GE Honda Aero Engines, LLC (a joint venture between Honda Aero and GE) beginning with the Honda HF120 turbofan engine. The HF120 is designed to meet the needs of next generation light jet business aircraft and will be powering the HondaJet, designed and manufactured by Honda Aircraft Company.
Class Status: Junior (by credit hour) or above
Term: Co-Op Term preferred at 26 week requirement. June - December
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Degree: Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelors program majoring in Engineering - preferably Manufacturing, Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
Associated topics: aero, aeroelasticity, aeronautical, aerospace, aerospace engineer, air craft, astronautical, avionic, missle, rocket