- HNTB Corporation
- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.At HNTB, we're encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, \"What if?\" Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.For you, \"together\" can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB \"together\" also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And \"together\" means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. \"Together\" means that we are engaged in the communities we serve ? we live there ? and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at
The time is right to join HNTB! We are seeking candidates for the position of Traffic Engineer III in our Boston, MA office location.
Within a given discipline, is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
* Responsible for completion of discipline engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
* Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
* Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Develops traffic models appropriate to specific project needs, including: Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, Sidra, and VISSIM - Prepares detailed signal timing and phasing plans for field implementation - Conducts traffic analysis for traffic management plans including projecting and analyzing diversions and summarizing benefits and costs - Communicates results in presentations and in writing - Utilizes travel demand modeling tools to aid in development of future traffic volume projections - Independently analyzes and identifies transportation planning/engineering issues, including: Determining datasets required to bring forth the best answer; Analyzing and presenting the study result; Providing interpretation on feasibility of implementation or concerns around the result - Writes technical reports and creates presentations of findings (samples may be required) that have been presented to a diverse group of clients and the public - Provides quality control of traffic analyses, including traffic data, forecasts, simulation and operations analysis - Builds effective client relationships
Bachelor's degree in Engineering 5 years relevant experience
* 5-8 years of experience is preferred - AutoCAD, Synchro, and report writing experience is required - VISSIM Modeling experience is preferred
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client's job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
\"EEO is the Law\" Poster
\"EEO is the Law\" Poster Supplement
Associated topics: architecture, builder, engineer, gs 0801, gs 0830, mechanical, mechanical engineer, revit, technical, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...