Application Security Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position
- Our Client is seeking an Application Security Engineer to be a member of the Security Operations team. Seeking a resource that is eager to build out the security program for the application -- s/he will be building out a program and not a team.
- The ideal candidate must have experience in all phases of the Secure Development Lifecycle. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate an ability to collaborate with internal development teams and be a security advocate.
- This role is based in Chicago or NYC
- Individual contributor
- Advise internal development teams on secure coding practices
- Threat modeling
- Define standards for application design requirements and explain design to the development team
- Application design reviews
- Vulnerability scans, code reviews and penetration testing
- Lead vulnerability remediation efforts
- Provide reports and metrics
- Possible travel once per year (to Chicago if resource is working in NYC or to NYC if resource is working in Chicago)
- Bachelor’s degree with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or comparable discipline preferred
- 3-5 years' (ideally 5 years') hands-on experience with Azure or AWS, as well as designing & building security of applications for the Azure or AWS cloud. Azure is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in coding of pipelines
- OWASP Top 10
- Extensive experience in secure development pipelines and Secure Development Lifecycle
- Extensive cloud infrastructure experience as it relates to Applications
- Solid experience with application vulnerability scanning, code reviews and penetration testing
- Ability to advise development teams on vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline, Octopus, Kubernetes, DevOps
- Experience in a software development environment
- DevSecOps in relation to application development/coding experience
- Excellent organizational skills and superior problem-solving
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization
- Must be self-starters and strive for results.
- Seeking an individual who can operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
- Heavy application experience
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Renuka at 201-890-6789 for additional information.
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience with secure code scanning tools (e.g. Veracode, Checkmarx)
Approx. Duration: 3 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix:Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.Equal Opportunity EmployerWBENC CertifiedWOSB Certified*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/HbM266* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...