OverviewHire Velocity is seeking a Senior Quality Control Engineer & Auditor for a client in the power generation industry. As the Sr. Quality Control Engineer & Auditor, you will primarily be traveling to fabrication shops to complete audits. You will be reviewing supplier qualifications to be sure they are qualified to do the work they claim they can do to fulfill the purchase order. You will also supplement inspections with suppliers once they have been audited which will include oversight control of product quality to be sure it meets specifications. A background in fabrication (piping, welding, etc.) and shop or field engineering would be the best fit for this position as you will be expected to have a good understanding of the product.*This position can be either FULL or PART TIME. If interested in part time only, 20 hours per week minimum will be expected* Currently, our client can only accept US Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holders for this position. SUMMARY
Utilize QA/QC principles to maintain high capacity utilization and optimize manufacturing and service operations ensuring product and service meets customer requirements.
Manufacturing/industrial background/knowledge, with the ability to understand quality systems, as established from industry specific codes and standards.
Conduct and lead Supplier Qualification Audits.
Application and analysis of QA/QC principles in the manufacture and fabrication of products.
Determine and monitor the proper application of inspection and test methods to assure product/service conformance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Develop Project Quality Inspection Budgets; monitor and manage adherence.
- Experienced auditor with international experience. Develops Supplier audit programs.
- Works and lead team to develop new Cross Functional Audits of new or existing Supplier.
- Perform in-process and final inspections on products including but not limited to structural weldments, machined components, mechanical assemblies and electrical assemblies at suppliers prior to shipment - up to 70% travel.
- Writes and manages NCR's (QN's) issued as part of the audit process, from intial through Corrective Actions and effectiveness.
- Determine appropriate methodology for root cause analysis of quality issues; develop, recommend and implement corrective and preventive action initiatives.
- Review technical specifications for procurement to extract quality requirements.
- Knowledgeable of mechanical systems; skids, pumps, fans, and other standard mechanical/structural systems as found throughout a power plant. Additionally understanding of current welding technology.
- Write quality specifications for mechanical systems to be incorporated with the technical specifications from MHPS-AMER Engineering Department.
- Review Supplier procedures for compliance with governing codes, standards and specifications.
- In conjunction with Global Sourcing, monitor/track MPSA procurements to assure quality associated criteria are satisfied.
- Write, review, analyze and distribute inspection reports.
- Review customer and supplier inspection/test plans, to assure proper witness or hold points are detailed and incorporated into the plan.
- Obtain Quality Records Packages from Suppliers; review for adequacy and input into MHPS-AMER Quality Document Control System.
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Ten (10) years related experience and/or training
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP) , Certified Weld Inspector (CWI), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), etc
- Bilingual: Spanish and/or Japanese a plus.
Associated topics: assembly, brakes, bsme, mechanical, mechanical engineer, motor, propulsion, rotordynamic, turbine, vehicle