Technician - Factory Automation (AMHS) (Yonkers)
Compensation: $87,186.67 - $134,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The AMHS (Automated Material Handling System) Equipment Technician is a shift position working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. AMHS is staffing for 4 shifts, with the majority of the positions assigned to the night shift. GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will provide the first line of support for the factory systems. As a first level responder, the technician will be directly responsible for taking calls and documenting issues from internal customers, troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution.
* Proactively monitor complex factory automation systems for alarms, errors and interrupts, and perform recoveries as needed.
* Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to out of control conditions including defect troubleshooting.
* Perform preventative maintenance of equipment using documented procedures.
* Troubleshoot and repair complex electro-mechanical equipment.
* Notify and work with other support personnel, shift managers, and cross-functional engineering as required to drive factory issues to resolution.
* Monitor installation of equipment and ensure safety and quality standards are being followed.
* Create and modify existing training material and procedures in order to provide first class reference material for peers and internal customers.
* Contribute to and engage in continuous improvement efforts to enhance systems, procedures, equipment availability, utilization, cycle time, cost, etc.
* Contribute to building a strong team environment and train new team members as needed.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
* Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level in tight and limited spaces (12-16 ft).
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training or 2 years of equivalent experience.
* Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment without restriction; ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
* Minimum of 2 years experience within a semiconductor manufacturing operation.
* Be able to work any 12 hour shifts, day or night.
* Experience in a highly technical help desk environment.
* Exceptional hands-on mechanical skills.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation, strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
* Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously prioritize activities, be very detailed and timely.
* Be a strong team player with the ability to work well with a global team.
* Demonstrates an interest in self-improvement through continuous learning and skills development.
* Experience with major applications and IT components in a high availability environment.
* Recent experience supporting a leading-edge 300mm wafer factory with a high degree of automation and complexity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: clinical, environment, environmental, healthy, risk, safety, sewer system, scba, waste, wastewater
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...