AME Process Technician (Niagara Falls)
Compensation: $90,055.00 - $150,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Summary of Role: GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to sustain and run the factory floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Process Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. Essential Responsibilities: Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment Process wafers using defined procedures Operate metrology/ inspection equipment and interpret results Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting Perform visual inspections (quality check) Recover from process and tool interruptions Use standard software applications (MS Office) and specific programs (SAP, MES, ASPECT) creating reports and documenting procedures Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost Perform engineering experiments by following instructions Complete all required reporting and documentation Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements Actively participate in continuous improvement processes and on the Emergency Response Team Train new team members Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
* High School Degree (or equivalent) or 4 years of relevant experience
* Fluent in English language written & verbal
* Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule
* Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
* Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12 hour per day shift (excluding breaks)
* Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* 2+ years direct experience working in semiconductor manufacturing or in semiconductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
* Able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
* Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
* Demonstrated ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
* Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
* Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
* Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
* Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with
is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Associated topics: agriculture, bioassay, conservation, ecology, ecological, environmental, environmental science, ocean, sustainable, water monitoring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...