Controls Project Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Title: Controls Project EngineerJob ID
: 20-00319Location: Wyoming, MIPay Rate: Open and Highly CompetitiveAdditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!Type of hire: ContractShift: RotatingOvertime: YesPosition Responsibilities:
- Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls systems
- Design, construction, integration, installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and tools
- Provide technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Update and maintain controls documentation
- Support equipment build/runoff & buyoff process
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Cognex / Keyence vision systems
- AutoCad Electrical
- Laser Marking
- High level of administrative and project management skills
- Prior work experience as a Controls Engineer in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of GM's Global Controls Architecture
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a controls engineer, or automation/controls troubleshooting for industrial machinery
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, and process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
- Ability to assist in all aspects of installation and improvement projects and sub-projects within the manufacturing areas relating to machine controls, vision and related disciplines. Responsibilities include specification, design, estimating, hardware/software integration, installation, commissioning, cost control and documentation.
- Experience in PLC programming, HMI programming, and Ethernet networks
- Strong Allen Bradley Controls System Background
- Knowledge of Fanuc CNC, Siemens step 7 & 840D system
- Knowledge of servo motors, motion control, vision and drives
- Ability to design and troubleshoot electrical controls systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing floor activities
- General knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems
- Ability to use a computer, common controls and automation applications, and learn new systems
- Demonstrate initiative by reaching beyond assignments to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach/lead others
- Willingness to travel if needed
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or are currently employed by one of our clients, we are unable to assist you. However, if you know someone who is seeking employment and is qualified for one of our open positions, you could benefit from our Bonus Referral Program.Bonus Referral ProgramIf you refer someone we hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job for 90 to 180 days, depending on the customer's payment terms. * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Please share a few highlights why you are an ideal fit for this opening. (Brief example)
- Please list the education you've completed. What was the degree and what was the month and year you received it? (Ex: Bachelors from ABC University 01/89 & High School Diploma from ABC High School 1/85)
- Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- What pay rate are you looking for? (If your required rate exceeds the listed pay rate you may be over qualify for this position, but please share what you would be comfortable with)
- Have you worked at GM before? If so, were you contract or direct?
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- Do you require a visa sponsorship? If you currently have sponsorship, other than a TN visa, please state the type of sponsorship and when it will expire. Please give month and year. If you are able to receive extensions to the sponsorship, please note how many additional years.
Loading some great jobs for you...