- $116,070.00 -174,640.00/year*
Genscape is seeking a talented and driven Power Market Analyst with a strong interest in the power markets looking to develop their career in the energy market space.
A day in the life of a Power Market Analyst will include the following
* Research information relating to the power industry ? Gain a strong fundamental understanding of the power markets
* Operate models and support tools daily that include spatial, data visualization, and power flow applications.
* Run regional support workbooks daily and continuously improve the level of granularity provided to the team and customer.
* Manipulate large datasets and determine correlations and relationships between potential market drivers, prices, and events.
* Perform data acquisition, data reporting, and chart/graph creation
* Improve current processes by automating critical tasks
* Validate key assumptions using real-time market data and track the team's performance; research conflicting theories and quantitatively present results. Use metrics to improve performance and understand bias
* Present the power desk with research projects/presentations on market relevant topics as requested
* Provide general support for customers (analysts and traders) in their daily process via phone, IM, and email
This role and program might be for you if
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, or related
* You have 1-2 years experience in the energy / commodity markets; preferred but not required
* You are open to working earlier, trading floor hours, and having your afternoons more free
* You are a highly quantitative individual with the ability to do thorough analysis on the fly
* You have strong Excel skills
* Experience with analytical/statistical programming languages a plus
* You have a passion for the energy and commodity industry
* You have strong English and communication skills. This is a must when speaking and engaging with clients both verbally and written
* You have an ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment
* You are a unique problem solver with a 'why not' attitude
Once you land this position, you'll get to enjoy:
* A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company's greatest asset and critical to our success
* Being part of a team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more
* A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work
* Excellent benefits and numerous perks!
Associated topics: business, call, canvasser, cash, marketing, options, representative, retail, sales, salesperson
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...