Looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Manager to office in our Goodwater, Alabama or Eclectic, Alabama operations. As a business partner to the production team, the Manufacturing Engineer Manager will lead the manufacturing engineering team and spearhead continuous improvement opportunities on the shop floor. This position will report to the VPAlabama Operations.
- Develop engineering staff by hiring, establishing and communicating objectives, conducting performance evaluations, providing direction, and taking corrective action when needed.
- Evaluate processes by analyzing time, number of workers, equipment, actions workers need to take, achieving the end product with no errors, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Analyze financial data to expose any information useful in improving operating efficiencies and changes in product design, raw material, or manufacturing methods to determine effects on equipment usage and financial impact.
- Provide input and guidance in regards to production improvement opportunities. Be an agent for a continuous improvement culture.
- Analyze complex information and reports to provide accurate and timely recommendations for management decision support.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis. Prepare presentations for Senior and Executive Management Team.
- Minimal travel required to othercompany locations, vendors, customers, etc.
- Special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, grow other leaders and show ability to impact change in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in manufacturing environment required. Metal fabrication or powder coating a plus.
- Proficient in working with multiple departments to accomplish goals. Team leader.
- Ability to review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods that are applied and activities that take place in manufacturing and distribution.
- Understanding of BOMs/routings, workflows, blueprints, and CAD drawings.
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization, and precision.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- Must be able to sit, stoop, bend, and lift up to 40 lbs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- 5+ years experience in leading process improvement, Lean principles, and engineering.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required. SAP skills desirable.
5+ years of experience
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain