Lead Supervising Engineer (ID# 40711) Boston, MA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10-15 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description
The WSP Hydropower group is driven to provide our clients solutions to challenging projects. We are passionate about the industry, and passionate about providing engineering consulting services across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time, Lead Supervising Engineer (10 to 15 years of experience) for our Hydropower Group for our Boston, Massachusetts office. Candidates who have a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in civil, structural, geotechnical and/or hydraulic engineering from an accredited program will be considered.
Note that while candidates with a background with hydroelectric facilities and water retaining structures are preferred, specific experience in these industries is not a requirement. This position is open to all candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
As part of this engagement, the candidate will primarily work on projects related to hydropower and water retaining structures, with some workload dedicated to other types of energy projects (offshore wind, solar, traditional thermal generation and underground hydrocarbon storage). Tasks for this position will include, but not be limited to:
* Project Engineering: Design elements of multidisciplinary projects for new construction and modifications to existing structures. This includes all phases of project development, from conceptual feasibility studies and cost analyses through permitting, construction, and post-construction monitoring. Perform field inspections at project facilities potentially located in remote areas with rugged unimproved terrain;
* Engineer of Record: Stamp and certify engineering studies performed by the candidate, or performed by other WSP Hydropower staff working under the candidate's direction;
* Project Management: Manage budgets, schedules & deliverables and perform technical work associated with projects to ensure all client expectations are met. Supervise, develop, evaluate and assign work to other WSP Hydropower staff; and
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with project managers and lead engineers on Hydropower projects;
* Preparation and review of design calculations, design criteria documents or studies;
* Preparation and review of field work plans, construction activities, schedules, and cost estimates;
* Preparation and review of construction and bid specifications;
* Preparation and review of drawings and figures for meetings and reports;
* Preparation and review of written reports, license and permit applications;
* Participate in site inspections and construction oversight field work for a range of projects, 10 to 25% field travel;
* Other engineering tasks as needed to support project requirements; and
* Support multiple project teams.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited Engineering Program;
* 10 to 15 years of relevant experience;
* Active registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the United States of America with the ability to acquire licensure in other states as needed within a year of being hired;
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal/written/presentation);
* Ability to travel occasionally for business (approximately 10 ? 25%);
* Possess strong analytical, collaborative and technical skills;
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel;
* Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check;
* Possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive in accordance with Company policies;
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening; and
* The ability to work in the United States immediately.
* Existing standing in industry organizations;
* Strong working knowledge and experience with hydroelectric facilities. Experience may include generation studies, working knowledge of the FERC & USACE process and guidelines, and engineering experience at such facilities;
* Past participation in the FERC Part 12D inspection process, either as a participant or as a FERC approved Independent Consultant;
* Additional knowledge of other energy generation facilities, including solar and fossil generation, is a bonus.
About WSP USA
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.