- Fidelity Investments
- $101,330.00 -156,260.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
StrategicAdvisers, LLC (SA) is a registered investment advisor and wholly ownedsubsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clientsthrough Fidelity's retail and institutional distribution channels. For morethan 25 years SA has specialized in the design, construction and management ofasset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity'sinvestment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. Withclose to $350 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity andthird party investment vehicles, the SA team of investment professionalsconstructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for close to 1.4 millioncustomer accounts.The Position
Youwill be responsible for the implementation of quantitative portfolio managementfor both the workplace managed account and non-discretionary advice service(Fidelity Personalized Planning and Advice).
In thisrole, you will actively contribute to all aspects of the investment processwhich utilizes a quantitative investment methodology. This will entail workclosely with our portfolio management, quantitative research, platform andtechnology teams.Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- ReallocationManagement: Own the day-to-day portfolio management process, whichincludes building model portfolios, analyzing model characteristics,supervising the model release process, and resolving associated issues.
- QuantitativeResearchandAnalysis: Perform quantitative analysisprojects in conjunction with the Portfolio Managers and research staff tocontinuously refine and improve the investment methodology and associatedpolicies.
- PortfolioOversight: Develop, monitor and communicate performance, risk,positioning, and rebalance metrics to ensure alignment with the PortfolioManagers investment thesis and process.
- TechnologyCollaboration: Provide direction and guidance to the technologyteam as part of the continuing evolution of the model management platform andsystematic processes. Led the development of business requirements and performbusiness acceptance testing.
- BusinessLiaison: Monitor reallocations and operational processes by workingclosely with the platform, data strategy, product development, and thedistribution channel.
- MarketingSupport: Developing hypothetical portfolios and ad-hoc analysis forprospective plan sponsors.
Skills and Knowledge
- 5-8years of work experience in the investment management industry in a role wheretechnical and analytic prowess were required.
- Demonstratedexperience performing quantitative investment research and/or portfoliooptimization for multi-asset class investment processes.
- Graduatedegree in a related field (Finance, Engineering, and Mathematics). The idealcandidate will have a background in both engineering/technology andquantitative finance/investment management.
- CFAdesignation or progress towards one is preferred.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Computerscience minor or equivalent programming experience. Ability to performquantitative analysis/research using R/Python is required.
- Capableof performing advanced data analysis using SQL. Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Spotfire or Tableau isa plus.
- Excellentcommunication and presentation skills. Experience presenting complex concepts and results to large audiences inan intuitive manner.
- Stronganalytical and technical mindset; ability to collaborate effectively withtechnology partners at an intricate level to deliver investment solutions.
- Experienceworking with investment data. Familiarity with tools such as Morningstar Direct, Factset ispreferable.
- Realpassion for financial markets and the investment management process.
- Detailorientated and the ability to work independently on multiple projects withoutclose supervision.
- Operateseffectively in a team environment, with a can-do attitude and optimisticspirit.
- Intellectualcuriosity and capacity to grow with a long-term dedication to StrategicAdvisers.
- Ourcompany operates with the highest fiduciary standards and expects everyone toconduct themselves with integrity, responsibility, compassion, and expertise.
Fidelity Investments isan equal opportunity employer.
AtFidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessibleand effective in helping people live the lives they want from the 23 millionpeople investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing theiremployee benefits programs, to the 10,000 advisors and institutions needinginnovative technology solutions to invest their clients' money. To do thiswell, as a privately held company, we place a high degree of value in nurturinga work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment tobeing an employer of choice. For more information about Fidelity Investments,visit www.fidelity.com.
Associated topics: analyse, bi, business intelligence, financial analytic, guidance, inspect, investment analytics, investment fund, monitor, refine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...