Vice President of Finance
Explorium in San Francisco, CA
- Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance - General Operational Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $117,450.00 - 129,690.00 / Year*
Explorium, a cutting-edge data science company out of the Bay Area, has recently raised $20m and is growing rapidly.
Explorium is on a mission to reshape the way organizations use data to build their unique competitive advantage. We are redefining how companies find relevant data for machine learning by automatically discovering the most relevant datasets and features across thousands of sources, on the web and in the enterprise.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Vice President of Finance, who will play an instrumental role in the future growth and positioning of Explorium. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 5+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to opex, cash flow, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Drive the budgeting process and KPI tracking for consistent forecasting. Develop cadence for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for key stakeholders, including investors, as well as ad hoc reports
- Bring strong business and operational orientation to the table and partner with senior leaders of an organization to ensure the company hits revenue targets and grows sustainably.
- Lead all the operational and financial aspects of the sales cycle, from lead to cash, with deep understanding of the details.
- Build and maintain a commission plan with revenue leadership.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with financial institutions.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage cash flow and treasury.
- Build an accounting department as the company grows
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance leadership role with excellent understanding of business matrix and processes in B2B SaaS.
- Exposure to Corporate level finance functions, including treasury, tax, IR, and M&A.
- Experience working and thriving in fast-changing environments and ambiguity while being execution-oriented, hands on, pragmatic, focused on results.
- Experience working with Venture Capital investors
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience - preferred but not required
- Experience with ERP Systems, preferably NetSuite
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, controller, financial director, general operational manager, manage, organizational culture, recruit, senior director, staff
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!