Contract: Drilling Engineer / Specialist (Pearland)
EXPATS DIRECT LIMITED in Pearland, TX
- Industry: Engineering - Mineral And Petroleum Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $170,450.00 - 170,450.00 / Year*
12 month contract
Support 3 - 4 land rigs in our Permian operations. Main responsibilities include: generating well designs, preparing written procedures, communicating with the rig to align on operations, managing several service providers, conducting lessons learned studies after every well, addressing technical challenges as they arise, etc. Need to be able to travel to the rig as needed or support from the office. Experience with WellView preferred and other industry software preferred.
Prefer if engineer has Permian / Delaware basin drilling experience, extended reach drilling experience (2 - 3 mile laterals, > 20,000 ft MD wells), etc.
- Provide the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs.
- Ensure well objectives are met while assuring the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety, and environmental protection are applied
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In addition to all Level 1 tasks, a Level 2 will: Generate and evaluate well conceptual designs to agreed well objectives
- Refine selected well concepts to achieve an executable and AFE level (CP4) costed well design - Provide input into the AFE sanction process and input to other internal and external approvals
- Develop comparative risk assessments of well concepts during Select work phases - Exhibit safe behaviors at all times when on company property and/or on company business
- Comply with all SSHE policies and standards - Apply the SSHE Management System as appropriate to the relevant area of the business
- Comply with Company"s Well Design and Operations Management Standards, Statutory Regulations and Industry Guidance Notes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. degree in engineering or related technical field
- A minimum of 7 years of industry experience requirements must be in deep water drilling operations if filling a deep water drilling engineering position
- Able to effectively organize and communicate thoughts - Experience with well design software as well as Microsoft applications - Read, write and speak fluent English
- Industry experience with well planning and execution
Associated topics: manager, field related, oilfield, operations manager, pipe, president, project manager, spcc, supervisor, tanker
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Pearland, TX!