JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Performs as project leader and/or carries out assignments requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience associated with planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits strong technical skills on the design of the electric power system. Represents the company regarding matters in distribution planning at the state public utility commissions and various state and regional entities.
· Knowledge of the techniques for planning the expansion of distribution lines and distribution substation facilities.
· Advanced knowledge of electrical theory as applied to planning an electric power supply system.
· Advanced knowledge of distribution line design and operating practices.
· Knowledge of National, State and other planning standards.
· Good written and oral communication skills, including formal presentation.
· Excellent team skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills, ability to develop strategic partnerships.
· Ability to achieve desired results by setting high standards for self and others, and accepts responsibility for outcomes.
· Recognized by others in New England as a technical expert.
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Power Technology Engineering required, Electric Power Systems preferred. Masters’ degree in Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years related experience in planning, design, and operations related to distribution line and distribution substation facilities, with a thorough knowledge of power system planning.
Licenses & Certifications: Registered Professional Engineer in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire is desirable.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...