Hytek Finishes, The largest independent supplier of specialized aerospace metal finishing, non-destructive testing, plating, anodizing and organic coating services in the Pacific Northwest
Come join our dynamic team here at Hytek Finishes, a diverse family oriented organization. All of our employees are crafts people who enjoy the art of working with tools and their hands. Our employees have been here an average of 9 years; many have been here for decades! Now that s a culture and work atmosphere that speaks volumes.
We re looking for aerospace enthusiasts who like hands-on experiences, look for a sense of accomplishment in everything they touch, and are good problem solvers. We will train you to be safety-minded and guide you to learning our lean continuous improvement processes. We want you to excel in a team environment, and wish to fast-track you into a career that has a roadmap of successful career advancement.
At Hytek Finishes, you ll be a part of a team that works to provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industries - We help make things fly! Essentially, you will help make metals stronger, safer, rust-resistant, wear-resistant etc., in order to ensure people and their families around the world can safely fly.
Company Profile Company Name: Hytek Finishes is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of the Esterline Engineered Materials platform of companies. Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services Number of Employees: 250
Job Overview Title: Ti-Cadmium Operator / 2nd Shift Job Family: Operations Reports to: Production Supervisors (Value Stream or Shift) Works with: Production, Materials Location: Kent, WA Type: Full Time
Job Summary This is Operator Trainee position in our Ti-Cadmium department. Employees in this position process products for plating. The Operators performs in accordance with Military and OEM specifications. Hours for this position may train on Monday through Friday 6A to 2:30P for the first 30 days. Upon completion of training, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday morning 2:00p.m. - 10:30p.m.
* Attention to quality of product
* Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
* Follow technique card and instructions to process parts
* Work closely with higher level operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
* Sign off paperwork as required
* Keep area clean and organized
* Preparation of parts prior to operations
* Use tooling and fixtures, when applicable
* Knowledge of pre and post cleaning surface finish requirements
* Know how to avoid damaging material or equipment
* Be familiar with Quality Assurance requirements & rework procedures
* Be familiar with engineering drawing notations
* Be familiar with the safety precautions & know how to avoid injury to personnel.
* Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to drive positive change in productivity, delivery, and service. Be involved in Kaizen events as needed either as a participant or supporter.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Must be a US Person and able to provide proof of US Person status upon hiring.
* Ability to train others
* Ability to write technique cards
* Ability to use/learn Lean Tools and techniques to solve tactical and strategic problems and issues arising in this position.
* Proven ability to work independently and in a team.
* Excellent accuracy with a strong attention to detail and demonstrated teamwork attitude.
* Ability to multi task effectively.
* Ability to communicate well.
* Must have a reliable and dependable attendance record.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* 1-2 years in manufacturing environment a plus.
* Basic English reading, writing and math comprehension required.
Compensation and Benefits We offer industry-leading wages and benefits. Starting base pay begins at $14.75/hour plus a $.50 Shift differential. Total hourly rate for this position is $15.50/hour. We believe in promoting from within, so advancement opportunities are readily available.
Skill Based Pay System In addition to promotion opportunities for performance, Hytek Finishes also provides skill based pay reviews every 6 months where an employee has the ability to increase their base pay by mastering and demonstrating certain skills within their assigned department and through cross-training opportunities.
Benefit package Esterline Hytek Finishes offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) matching, Pension, discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 6 week s paid Parental Leave, 3 week s paid time off, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, onsite Occupational Health and massage therapy, free parking, and the ability to work with great people!
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Essential Mental/Physical Demands
DOL Categories: Heavy
* Ability to lift occasionally: (floor to knee) 114 lbs., (waist to waist) 11 lbs., (floor, knee, to waist) 105 lbs., (waist to shoulder) 2 lbs.
* Ability to carry 11 lbs. occasionally
* Ability to push/pull 73 lbf. occasionally
* Ability to stand and walk frequently
* Ability to reach from the shoulder frequently and overhead occasionally and from the waist frequently
* Ability to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl occasionally
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally
* Ability to push/pull frequently
* Ability to pivot and twist occasionally, pinch frequently
* Ability to grasp frequently
* Ability to see/hear/feel constantly hearing protection required when working in the area
Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and fumes from metal finishing chemicals. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions.Due to the manufacturing environment, safety glasses and hearing protection are required.
Work Schedules Hours for this position could potential train on 1st shift, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday morning 2:00p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.