Building Engineer - HVAC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: --Building Engineer - HVAC
Job Summary: --
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air handling units, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance and tenant services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints.
- Install electrical circuits
- Repair all restroom fixtures, sweat/braze copper pipe, thread black pipe
- Drain & “safe off” systems to facilitate repairs.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks, replace ceiling tiles, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement.
- Clean coils in air handling units and convectors to maintain optimum heat exchange.
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain chilled and hot water systems.
- Routine operation and inspection of emergency generator and associated components.
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, lubrication, control and performance check. Replace bearings, motors, and dampers.
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, trace electrical circuits, operate switchgear, record inspections, and write reports to Supervisors.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Mechanical Trades or Trade School training.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in maintenance, and repair of building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
- Familiarity with operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, standby emergency generators.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Valid driver’s license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned along with Driving skills with up to 1-1/2-ton truck.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks
Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
#CB2* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...