Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Engineering Manager in Field Engineering is responsible for managing a team of engineers that provide planning and troubleshooting support to their local districts and major customers, sponsor and generate scope for capital projects, commission generation projects, and support Integrated System Planning (ISP) on load growth and completion of the Distribution System Plan (DSP).
This manager will work closely with various stakeholders in Integrated System Planning, Engineering, Central Design, Grid Operations, and Grid Modernization, to create detailed scope to address system needs as defined by ISP, collaborate with Technical Planning throughout the design process to balance affordability and operability, ensure training of engineers to support the Field Engineering duty rotation and create scope for various Grid Modernization equipment. This manager will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of scope being produced by their Region per the tenants of the capital programs as defined in the General Rate Case (GRC), evaluation of SCE easements and fee owned property for release/quitclaim in a timely manner for Real Properties, and supporting internal stakeholders in all distribution related matters.
* Works in close coordination with ISP to manage, develop and implement the annual DSP by directing the analysis and implementation of system planning studies to satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements. * Conduct regular meetings with direct reports to continually develop their technical and leadership skills to prepare them for their next position * Attend and collaborate with other stakeholders at monthly Regional Grid Team and District Grid Team meetings. * Serve as an expert witness advocating the Company's position at various legal or regulatory proceedings on issues dealing with the construction, operations and expansion of the distribution system * Partners with Distribution System Planning to provide detailed scope based on high level needs for projects going to Request For Proposal as part of Distribution Infrastructure Deferral Framework (DIDF). * Hold regular team meetings to discuss ongoing work, system design, and operation to develop staff and ensure constant pool of qualified candidates for rotating Operations Engineering positions.
* Five or more years combined experience performing or supervising function. * Bachelor's Degree. * Five or more years of experience as an Engineer, Planner or Operator in electric utility Power Transmission and/or Distribution system modeling or planning.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Power Emphasis. * Professional Engineer's License preferred. * Experience with developing and conducting training programs. * Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complicated technical issues in a succinct manner to both technical and lay audiences. * Experience with power system transmission or distribution analysis tools, such as PSLF, OMS, DMS, EMS, CYME, CAPE, and/or MDI. * Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, project personnel, and all levels of management enterprise-wide to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
* Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via-email and are encouraged to immediately begin preparing for any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides * Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessments may not need to retest again for this position.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. * Relocation does not apply to this position. * This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.