Paleontological Field Technician
About the Job
An archaeological/paleontological field technician must possess basic archaeological/paleontological field and laboratory skills for various survey, excavation, laboratory, and construction monitoring work. The potential for additional work, for qualified individuals is available. Competitive wages are based on level of education and experience. This position will be based in our Encinitas and San Diego offices.
Education and Essential Skills
- B.S. or B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology/Geology/Biology
- Minimum of 3 months of experience in Cultural Resource Management work
- Attended a Field School
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA, Section 106 of the NHPA
- Specialization in remote sensing, GIS, lithics, historic architecture, or historic material culture
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional cultural histories in California
- Ability to identify local cultural materials in the field and laboratory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take comprehensive notes and fill out archaeological forms
- Ability to work independently
- Read topographic maps and project maps
- Able to work cooperatively with crew members, supervisors, and clients
- Willing to travel, with a Valid CA Driver s license in good standing and reliable transportation
- Ability to work in extreme climatic conditions. Cold or hot weather.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 600 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.