Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Greenwood Village
We are currently looking for a talented RF Engineer to join our client’s team in Greenwood Village, CO!
This is a Contract position, slated through the end of the year and extendable. Interview process will include a phone and a F2F interview.
Note: Not open to 3rd party/C2C consultants. This position is only available to those who can work on W2 basis without a sponsored work visa. Visa Sponsorship is not available.
RF Engineer with Alteryx or ESRI background. Anyone with Team leadership and training Engineers on Drive Testing is greatly preferred.
Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
This is an Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer role. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
What you'll do in your role:
• Performs data collection of the air interface for radio networks.
• Participates in the development of inter and intra team processes for system performance improvement.
• Processes and reviews key performance indicators (KPI) obtained by driving or walking.
• Works with other RF engineers to evaluate and resolve issues.
• Follows standard methods and procedures to produce organized and repeatable results.
• Helps improve methods and procedures through documentation and analysis.
The experience you'll bring.
• 2 years of experience with Accuver Xcal
• Understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
• 2 years of experience within the wireless industry troubleshooting OSP
• Benchmarking testing experience
• Knowledge of LTE and IP networks
• Knowledge of layer 2 and 3 measurement stats
• Ability to operate troubleshoot various measurement equipment
• Experience with over-the-air test equipment, like network scanners and diagnostic monitors
• Good driving record
• Ability to prepare and follow a mapped drive route
• Ability to travel
• Working knowledge of macro and small cell eNb sites
• Experience with CW testing
• Familiarity with path loss and link budgets
• Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Extensive experience with Excel and Microsoft Office
• Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, results focus.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently
• Must be able to prioritize work schedule and workload
• Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission
• Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
• Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
• Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills
• Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
• Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
• 3+ years working in and around the RF in the wireless industry designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting network issues
• 5+ years of experience with various drive test units
• 2+ years of experience analyzing data
• Position may require flexible schedule for day shifts, evening shifts, weekend shifts
• Associates degree in related field to Engineering Technology or an equivalent technical degree.
• May require up to 30% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to out of State Markets
Additional general or physical requirements
• Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
• Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods
• This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
• This positions requires working with a heavy back pack up to 30 pounds.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...