Lead Quality Engineer (KS)
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company whose 21,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes . Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our first work was to develop 'Betterment Reports' that helped modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. We do what we say.® http://www.dayzim.com
Lead Quality Engineer needed for a full-time, staff opportunity with Day & Zimmermann located in Texarkana, TX.
The Work You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead all aspects of quality for assigned production programs. Improve existing quality procedures and methods in production processes. Lead efficient data gathering, processing and reporting for production processes. Lead measurement process analysis on assigned program to ensure successful First Article Acceptance Inspection and Test. Lead quality related training on assigned programs.
- Develop timely responses for contract requirements, incuding customer inquiries and contractually required documents. Manage all quality aspects of assigned purchased components and Company produced items. Write control plans for Measurement Systems Evaluation and Analysis, Acceptance Inspection Equipment, Statistical Process Control, Critical Characteristic Control Plan, Critical Plan of Action, First Article Acceptance Inspection and Test, and others as applicable.
- Ensure that procured and customer and Government furnished material meets technical, contractual and Company requirements, that Failure Mode and Effects Analysis are completed in a timely manner and that risk ratings and improvements are documented and approved. Ensure that program Quality Management System functions (e.g. procedures, forms, and data collection techniques) are completed and approved prior to production start-up
- Apply appropriate statistical tools to analyze data and solve problems. Understand and apply knowledge of military and other technical specifications to prevent, correct and resolve quality related problems. Apply knowledge of root-cause, causal analysis, corrective action and preventive action to eliminate or reduce future failures.
- After successful supplier and Company First Article Acceptance and Test, ensures clean hand-off of suppliers and Company manufacturing processes, e.g. if different Quality Personnel are assigned to the program for on-going operations. Develops responses to solicitations and Request for Estimate. Other duties as assigned.
- Train and supervise line inspectors in the use of statistical tools and inspection process. Participate fully in selection and scheduling of line inspectors.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or other technical field strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience required. Experience should include manufacturing for Government and Commercial Munitions customers in quality and audit related activities.
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer preferred. Lean/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or strong statistical knowledge and experience.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Great attitude and team player.
- Successful completion of background screening process
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Ability to plan and lead program level manufacturing quality organization work, including training, supporting customer-driven activities to accomplish company goals, based on sound quality management theory and practice in all aspects of the quality program, processes and related performance metrics. Strong knowledge of industry recognized Quality and Business Management Systems, e.g. ISO-9001 or others.
- Ability to interpret Drawings, Specifications and Contracts that will enable development and review of manufacturing processes and related performance metrics. Quality or Engineering experience in Requirements analysis and Munitions manufacturing. Demonstrated ability to effectively use the corrective and preventive action process to analyze and resolve technical and process issues varying from basic to very complex. Test equipment hardware knowledge or background skills.
- Effective communication skills: Written, Oral, Listening, Presentation, Technical writing. Effective interpersonal skills, including Team building and Collaboration.
- Ability to lead the supplier quality and quality audit program.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. Ability to travel.
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than ___ pounds
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Fingering (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses the fingers
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g., perceiving an objects size, shape, texture etc.)
- Climbing (e.g., ascending/descending ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps, pole etc. using feet and legs or hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus over long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
What’s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: Sonja Wade
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com , and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.
Loading some great jobs for you...