DEA is currently looking for a Survey Analyst to be part of our team in our Denver, CO office. The Survey Analyst is responsible for performing technical work in survey control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way engineering, and construction surveying services for public and private clients.
- Provide office survey office and field support.
- Responsible for record mapping, ALTA maps, parcel maps, and topographic surveys.
- Prepare maps, record research, and collect fieldwork.
- Work closely in an apprenticeship role with Survey Manager, Project Surveyor and a large network of successful professionals around the Western United States.
- Perform research, design and calculations for survey and mapping projects using AutoCAD or Microstation products.
- Assist with boundary determinations and procedure analysis.
- Process field data including raw GPS and conventional data.
- Prepare legal descriptions, exhibits and plats. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Land Surveying/Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of survey field and/or office experience and general engineering plan reading skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- PLS or LSIT
- Proficiency in Civil 3D (2015 or newer), Trimble Business Center, or Leica Infinity.
- A desire to work in a one-on-one environment as a predecessor or apprentice to a department leader.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. DEA uses the latest tools while respecting historic doctrines such as following in the footsteps of the original surveyor. We foster a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as in any career. DEA's team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and hydrographic survey services.
Associated topics: civil, civil engineer, draft, draw, function, microstation, road, roadway, structural analysis, superstructure