For nearly 60 years, Ormco has partnered with the orthodontic community to manufacture innovative products and solutions to enhance the lives of our customers and their patients. Distinguished products range from legacy twin brackets (Inspire ICE?, Titanium Orthos? and Mini Diamond?) to pioneering the self-ligating appliances with the Damon? System (including Damon? Q2 and Damon? Clear 2). Ormco's Insignia? Advanced Smile Design? provides an all-inclusive customized indirect bonding solution for increased clinical efficiency. From personalized service to professional education programs and marketing support, Ormco is committed to helping orthodontists achieve their clinical and practice management objectives. For more information, visit www.ormco.com.
We are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to be responsible for the process design, development, operation and implementation. The successful candidate will be able to improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, and improve sustainability and quality of product.
* Collaborate with project manager, mechanical design engineer, and software group to develop a low-risk and robust machine design
* Program all software for unique projects with a variety of needs (PLC, HMI/SCADA, Servo, Robotics, Vision, Laser, etc.)
* Provide improvement and sustaining engineering support for existing production lines
* Use automated solutions to develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing and inspection processes and procedures.
* Support and/or perform equipment, process validations and testing to internal procedures.
* Initiate equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
* Work with outside vendors to coordinate the development of manufacturing equipment.
* Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine reliability/reduce downtime and define equipment maintenance requirements.
* Assist with procurement
* Assist with resolving issues with suppliers.
* Assist with repairing equipment and tooling.
* Assist with performing process failure mode effects analyses.
* Work with Operations and outside Vendors to create methods/process to improve capacities with production.
* Document Cost Savings
* Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
* Must demonstrate responsibility for the quality and financial aspects of the company.
* Pursue and participate in company LEAN initiatives.
Education and/or Experience:
* 2 to 5 years' experience in automation and/or process machinery controls design * Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field or related discipline from an accredited university. * Proficient in the design and troubleshooting of complex machine control systems and programs. * Intermediate skills in PC programming (.NET) (CPP is plus) * Experience in PLC controls (primarily Allen Bradley CompactLogix & ControlLogix) * Must have knowledge of HMI (primarily Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View SE & ME and Ignition) * Must have knowledge of Vision Inspection & Vision Guided motion (primarily Cognex VisionPro and InSight) * Experience with Solid Works or other solid modeling software. * Experience and exposure to mainstream manufacturing technologies such as CNC's, 3D prototyping, thermoforming, automation within manufacturing environment. * Basic project management experience. * Excellent technical skills * Working knowledge of CNC machines and processes is plus * Knowledge of process related standards * Experience in process simulations (FEA is plus) * Familiarity with health and safety regulations (FDA Regulations & ISO 13485 Knowledge) is plus * Experience in process/equipment validation and documentation is plus * Proficient in MS Office * Team player * Must possess effective and verbal communications skills. * Must possess good organizational and prioritization skills in order to maintain and * Must be able to focus on all details and requirements of current medical device
Excellent communications skills, both written and oral are required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and operating procedures. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have ability to travel (including Overseas) up to 40% of time.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The \"EEO is the Law\" poster is available at:
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.