NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
We are seeking assistant civil engineers who will work on New York City infrastructure design projects at our office in Lower Manhattan. NV5's New York City Office operates on a four-day work week.
The Assistant Civil Engineer will engage in research, investigation, and design tasks related to roadway and infrastructure design projects for New York City or State agencies. This may include:
* Highway and roadway design and alignment.
* Grading, drainage, pavement markings and signage.
* Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Construction Staging.
* Studies, development of technical drawings, preparation of estimates of quantities and writing specifications.
* Field work for data gathering, surveys and construction observations,
* A Baccalaureate degree in civil engineering from an accredited college.
* Knowledge of CAD (AutoCAD especially).
* Knowledge of Civil3D, (a plus).
* Detailed oriented, excellent writing skills.
* EIT Preferred
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Associated topics: building code, department of transportation, draft, drainage, function, infrastructure, land, road, soil mechanic, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...