Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen, (cannot support visas or sponsorships)
Clearance: CAC Card
Location: Coast Guard SFLC - Oakland, California
Position Description: CSEngineering is looking to add an experienced Mechanical Engineer to our Oakland, California team in support of the U.S. Coast Guards’ Surface Forces Logistics Center. The ideal candidate for this position will hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and have experience working with water vessels.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET approved program. ** A focus on fluid mechanics is preferred**
· Demonstrated experience in mechanical engineering, specifically related to calculations required to design modifications and perform repairs to shipboard hydraulic systems.
· Experience in various engineering disciplines including naval architecture, structural engineering and electrical engineering (Candidate will be working closely with mechanical systems aboard vessels).
· Demonstrated experience with fluid systems safety practices and cleanliness procedures for equipment operating up to 5,000 psig.
· Familiarity with typical shipboard equipment arrangements, military vessel and commercial vessel standards
· Must have experience with testing/evaluation methods and be capable of developing instructions, drawings and technical specifications for repair, modification, maintenance and testing of new systems
· Must be physically capable of validating equipment in a shipboard environment which may include climbing stairs and ladders, transiting tight spaces, and working in extreme heat etc.
· Experienced in troubleshooting and developing logical course of actions to determine root cause problems or instabilities within assigned systems. Must be able to review and recommend changes to electrical designs and specifications prepared by others.
· Must have experience in redesigning any part of the system as necessary, prescribe changes in materials used and develop new calibration procedures for a wide variety of systems such as
· Main Propulsion
· Power generation
· Power Distribution
· Interior Communications
· Instrumental and Control
· Develop instructions, drawings and technical specifications for repair, modification, maintenance and testing of existing and new systems with many component pieces of equipment on vessels
· Complete a detailed analysis of all fluid systems aboard the IBCT cutters to include: Validating performance based on actual calculations and a review of the system requirements based on those calculations.
· Develop a flushing procedure/plan for those systems in which a detailed analysis was completed
· Troubleshoot and develop a logical course of action to determine the causes of problem or instabilities within assigned systems
· Review and recommend changes to mechanical designs and specifications prepared by others
· Prepare maintenance, repair and modification specifications developing TCTOs as appropriate to implement Engineering Changes
· Redesign any part of the system as necessary, prescribe changes in materials used, or prescribe new calibration procedures for a wide variety of systems.
· Convert contract specifications and prepare statements of work for engineering and technical services
· Transform technical concepts and procedures into readable, logical and grammatically correct technical specifications.
· Collect data and provide written technical briefings and reports
· Prepare new and modify existing AutoCAD drawings
· Read, interpret and analyze complex fluid and mechanical systems diagrams and drawings.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...