Sr. Software Engineer / Cloud Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Sr. Software Engineer / Cloud Architect
Location: Kansas City, MO 64105
Terms: Direct Hire / Perm
Salary: Commensurate with Sr. Level Experience
Status: Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Level of Experience: 6+ Years in Software Development / 2+ Years in Leadership roles
Start Time: Immediate
Reports To: CTO
Our client enables organizations to realize the promise of the cloud by rethinking traditional security and operational approaches. With automated and continuous control of cloud infrastructure, teams can move faster into the cloud while strengthening security controls, streamlining operations, and controlling cloud spending.
They are currently building a new platform to empower teams to remain agile and innovative while helping avoid security and operational pitfalls.
What would you do?
What skills do you need?
- Continuously deliver customer value through delivery of software features
- Collaborate with the Product Team, help define roadmap
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional agile software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Initiate, execute, and close out software architecture and development tasks and projects on time and budget
- Work with a team implementing new features and supporting current services/applications.
- Work on hard problems; design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services and applications
- Provide leadership in systems architecture, delivery flow, coding techniques,
- Facilitate good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
- Prepare software documentation
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and skills
Education and Work Experience
- Experience delivering Serverless solutions, including using Serverless.com, CloudFormation, AWS SAM (Serverless Application Model), AWS Lambda, Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service) and Amazon Kinesis for ingesting large volumes of data.
- AWS Professional-level certification preferred
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Ability to build, deploy, and maintain a software application in the cloud consisting of both real time and event-based services
- Oversee application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
- Implementation of both relational and non-relational databases in software applications
- Have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Apply best practices regarding Security and Scalability
- Should have expertise on IaC (Infrastructure as Code) to be able to setup CI/CD pipelines.
- Should have experience in setting up (deploying), maintaining and evolving the cloud infrastructure of Web Applications
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science [Preferred].
- 6+ years of software development required.
- Leadership responsibility and management experience [Preferred].
- Formal software development training across multiple platforms and languages
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...