Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the \"brain\" and \"nervous system\" for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv's Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv's Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
We are seeking experienced Functional Safety Engineers to help design and define the next generation architectures for our self-driving car technology. The ideal candidate has worked on safety-critical automotive engineering projects before and is well-versed in the safety management life cycle for complex software and hardware systems.
Things you'll get to work on:
* Drive the concept level and system level development of the functional safety deliverables in line with ISO26262 and PAS21448 * Collaborate with System Architect on implementation of automotive functional safety for nuTonomy's fail-operational autonomous driving system * Work with engineering teams to derive functional and safety-critical requirements in compliance with state-of-the-art automotive standards * Drive the design integration and verification efforts across all teams by applying FMEA, FTA and similar techniques * Engage with external manufacturers and suppliers to ensure compliance across all parts of the vehicle system
Education and Experience we want from you:
* BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a related field * 3+ years professional work experience in automotive functional safety, ideally in autonomous driving
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
* Strong experience with ISO26262 * Experience with the concepts behind PAS21448 / \"SOTIF\" * Practical experience with methods such as HARA, FMEA, root cause analysisExperience delivering a functional safety project from concept to full specification * Defining test and validation plans for autonomous driving system * Excellent communication skills * Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points (but not required):
* C++ software development skills on Linux platforms * Experience with GSN notation
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.