Engineering Supervisor - Mars
Compensation: $86,650.00 - $125,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Nesco Resource is seeking an Engineering Supervisor
Oversees and coordinates daily operations of the engineering team to ensure their various duties and responsibilities are in-line with overall business expectations and that commitment dates for tasks and projects are met. This position reports into the Engineering and Inside Sales Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of valve design and manufacturing including understanding the various AWWA standards for the design of the valves themselves and ANSI/ASTM material standards for the selected materials of our valve designs
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Engineering drawings, schematics, lists of materials and documentation in an organized and easy-to-understand methodology
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all part numbers, material masters, BOMs, HTS codes and material descriptions in the SAP ERP system.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Supervises, motivates, and develops engineering staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and safety regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 2 employees within the Engineering department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and reporting performance to Engineering Manager; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; escalating issues to Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or Civil Engineering required
- Three to five years' experience in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- P.E. license desired
- Knowledge of valve design and manufacturing, with focus on the municipal water & wastewater markets and applications
- Strong engineering design skills including design for manufacturability and GD&T best practices
- Knowledge of AWWA, ANSI & ASTM standards is ideal
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Basic competence in subordinates' duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient on Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD & Inventor, SAP
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Problem Solving -- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Managing People -- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Adaptability -- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability -- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative -- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Matching 401K Program
Associated topics: aerodynamic, assembly, automotive, fluid, mechanical engineer, mechanic, powertrain, proe, propulsion, thermal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...