Senior Wetland Scientist (Fall River)
Compensation: $99,275.00 - $174,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Coneco Engineers & Scientists is a consulting firm specializing in environmental management, civil engineering, ecological impact assessment and permitting, land surveying, and renewable energy systems.Conecos Ecological Services Department maintains contracts with diverse and well-known local and national companies to provide a wide range of services in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.Senior Wetland Scientists are an essential part of the project team and work both in the field and in the office to provide services such as restoration ecology, wetland identification and mitigation, environmental impact assessment, and rare species habitat assessment.
Our assignments include conducting wetland delineations, assessing the potential impacts of infrastructure and development projects, designing wetland and habitat mitigation, conducting biological inventories, preparing WPA and NEPA/MEPA documents and regulatory agency permit applications, and restoration ecology projects.We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in the natural sciences to join our team, advance their career, and mentor junior staff.
- Oversee wetland delineations, environmental assessments, and ecological studies.
- Oversee the preparation of the wetland restoration plans.
- Prepare federal, state and local permit applications.
- Hire, train, and mentor junior staff.
- Manage existing clients and cultivate new client relationships.
- Work with and/or support other groups within the company.
- Minimum of 8 years in wetland delineation/habitat evaluation, impact assessment, and regulatory compliance; New England experience required.
- B.A. or B.S. required, M.S. preferred, in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Natural Resource Management, or a related course of study.
- PWS and/or NH CWS preferred; SSSSNE a plus.
- Familiarity and/or course work in ArcGIS.
- Must possess skills in field ecology, data analysis, writing, restoration design, environmental regulatory compliance, and client/project management.
- Electric/gas utility project experience are a bonus.
- Proven business development success is a strong plus.
- Willing and eager to learn new information, complete new tasks, and work with others in the environmental and civil engineering fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to observe, document, and communicate field conditions.
- Self-motivated, must be willing to solve problems and think outside the box.
- Capability to function both independently and on a team.
- This position involves field work in all types of weather and terrain at various times of the day. Flexibility and preparedness are a must.
- Valid drivers license.
Coneco offers a competitive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, a retirement savings plan, and profit sharing.
Offices located in Bridgewater and Westford, Massachusetts.Coneco is particularly seeking applicants for the Westford location.
No recruiters please.
Associated topics: agriculture, air, air monitoring, ecological, environmental, environmental science, food, sustainability, water, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...