* Requisition no: 502805
* Work type: Full Time
* Location: Morningside
* School/Department: Office of Alumni & Development
* Grade: Grade 10
* Categories: Development/Alumni Relations
Reporting to the Director of Development, Graduate Programs, for the Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, the Development Coordinator, Major Gifts is responsible for providing executive-level support for the development team. The Development Coordinator works collaboratively and in consultation with the Senior Associate Dean, Directors of Development, and all Major Gift Officers to ensure the Dean of Engineering, other senior leadership, and gift officers are appropriately supported for development work.
The Development Coordinator prepares briefings, agendas, and related correspondence in connection with high-level fundraising prospects for SEAS. The incumbent must interface effectively and consistently with senior University officials, faculty, and staff. The incumbent maintains primary responsibility for supporting the major gifts team, and with the supervision of the Director of Development and Senior Associate Dean, serves as a key liaison to the SEAS Board of Visitors. That includes assisting with all planning, logistics, and preparations for the semi-annual SEAS Board meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Researches, prepares, and coordinates briefings in connection with key prospect meetings.
* Helps to prepare and communicate itineraries, agendas, and contact reports for development meetings.
* Drafts, edits, and proofreads correspondence to ensure documents are error-free and professional.
* Updates and manages data in an accurate and timely manner.
* Manages gift proposals and other related solicitation data in the central university database.
* Conducts research on major gift prospects.
* Provides logistical support for events, meetings, and travel.
* Assists in the planning and execution of events on campus, in NYC, in other domestic regions and abroad.
* Writes relevant correspondence on behalf of senior staff members.
* Supports the Executive Director in the management of the team's operations.
* Provides back up support to the Development Assistant to properly, accurately, and in a timely manner complete detailed expense reports for team members, ensure prospect files are updated in a timely manner, complete gift transmittals, and ensure the smooth operation of the office.
* In collaboration with senior staff of the Office of Alumni and Development, participates in the implementation, planning and coordination of special events and projects as assigned.
* Performs other related duties, projects and strategic initiatives as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required with 0-2 years of related experience. Some evening and weekend work required.
* Prior higher education or not-for-profit experience preferred. Familiarity with fundraising and the desire to advance in development and external relations is strongly preferred.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential information with excellent judgment and discretion required. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high-demand, fast-pace environment essential. Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including: teamwork, problem solving, data thinking, and client/customer awareness. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills. Must possess the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment. Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with a diverse group of colleagues. The successful candidate must possess the capacity to work well with varying levels of management across the University community, with both internal and external audiences and be flexible in nature. Must have a passion for excellent customer service, a refined attention to detail, and commitment to exceptional quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 04 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...