- Children's Hospital Boston
- $96,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
Job Posting Description
Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Simulator Program and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Simulation Development Engineer contributes to the activities of the Boston Children's Simulator program as directed, performs a variety of engineering support in the planning, design, production of products, tools, and other mechanical and digital assets in support of the services provided by the SIMPeds Engineering Core. Additional information regarding the Simulator Program can be found on www.simpeds.org
This Simulation Development Engineer I will be responsible for:
* Contributing to concept development and product design development team projects and may lead small-scale projects.
* Contributing to the maintenance of the engineering studios and its equipment and adheres to local practices and guidelines for the internal procedures and equipment use.
* Maintaining an awareness of technological advances in areas of interest and advises management team.
* Designing devices and custom tooling using SolidWorks CAD and drafts detailed part and assembly drawings.
* Utilizing creative and critical thinking to develop new Healthcare Simulation product concepts that have high clinician appeal, function, and/or aesthetics.
* Developing design documentation for the manufacture of prototype and production release, including drawings, BOM's, and product specifications.
* Participating in the development of project schedules, cost estimates, and performs simple dimensional tolerance studies, adheres to drafting standards.
To qualify, you must have:
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar field. Master's Degree preferred.
* 2 years minimum of related experience in one or more of the following: 3D Printing, Computer Aided Design, Device Development, Software Development, Immersive Technologies, Manufacturing, Materials. Advanced degree may substitute for experience.
* Ability to follow established best work practices.
* Ability to effectively work in a team, and to think critically, analyze options and to create great solutions to problems not previously encountered.
* Ability to approach the role with curiosity and persistent desire for continuous learning to maintain technical competence.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, cae, chassis, machine, mechanism, msme, propulsion, thermal, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...