- Children's Hospital Boston
- $85,265.00 -141,170.00/year*
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Emergency Medicine Team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Patient Services Assistant will be responsible for:
* Demonstrating understanding of clinical supply needs of the program. Demonstrating knowledge of supply budget related to use of supplies, patient volume and acuity.
* Initiating, tracking and verifying receipt of supply orders. Inspecting inventory items, rotating stock and removing outdated or improperly packaged items according to established procedures and standards.
* Maintaining neatness and organization of storage areas and prepares and maintains required logs and records. Remaining up-to-date on all product changes. Processing product returns.
* Conducting inventory of equipment and notify supervisor of missing items. Identifying and tagging items in need of repair and develops tracking system to ensure return to area. Ensuring all equipment is cleaned in a timely manner.
* Working with Safety personnel to ensure proper storage of supplies and equipment. Monitoring work area and informing appropriate personnel of unusual activity or behavior.
* Serving as a liaison with Engineering, Environmental Services, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Management, Safety, and other departments as needed, to resolve equipment, supply and cleaning issues.
* Accessing hospital computer system to communicate with staff about supply and equipment changes. Reviewing Materials Matters to ensure compliance with clinical products' changes. Accessing ESI system to upload and download data.
To qualify, you must have:
* A high school level of educational development and one to two years of previous experience preferably knowledge of inventory processes.
* The analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
* The ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain hospital policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or hospital employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
* Frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
* Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing 11 to 20 pounds.
* Regularly stooping and bending.
* Regularly reaching and grasping objects below, at, or above shoulder level.
* Regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands.
* Regularly proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
* Regularly inputting/retrieving words or data into or from an automated/computer system.
16 hours/week with a rotating schedule:
* Week 1: Sunday 8:00-4:30 and Wednesday evening
* Week 2: Friday evening and Saturday 8:00-4:30
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: biological engineer, biomechanics, enzyme, medical, molecular, msat, neurodegenerative, nutrition, pharmaceutical, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...