You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company understands the need to provide hands-on experience to students that are progressing towards careers in the petrochemical industry. Accordingly, we are seeking Part-Time Process Operator Co-op candidates at the Cedar Bayou Plant.
Process Operator Co-ops work 19 hours per week with flexible hours to accommodate class schedules during the Fall 2020 semester. Course credit hours will be established through the college. There is no guarantee of permanent full-time employment at the conclusion of the Co-op implied for either the company or the student.
Process Operator Co-ops shadow operations positions, providing the opportunity to learn and help monitor production process variables and ensure that all production equipment is operating safely and reliably. Co-ops actively support Health, Safety, and Environmental processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices and maintaining a safe working environment.
Co-ops work under the direction of qualified operators to:
• Collect samples for labs;
• Prepare equipment for maintenance;
• Troubleshoot process problems;
• Properly contain and/or decontaminate waste;
• Mitigate unsafe conditions including unit shut-down and activating emergency systems
Co-ops are responsible for:
• Abiding by all company policies, safety guidelines, and values.
• Being dependable and reliable on work attendance and performance.
• Successfully completing all obligations in the Process Technology / Plant Training Curriculum.
Eligible students must:
• Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be an actively registered student, graduating with a Process Technology Associates Degree in August or December 2020
• Successfully pass required testing and drug screening
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...