Telecom Structural Engineer with CA SE License
Compensation: $107,300.00 - $159,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Telecom Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures for wireless telecommunication sites (towers, buildings, foundations, rooftops, etc.). The Structural Engineer will also manage telecom site design projects.
• Reviews tower and rooftop structures and foundations
• Analyzes tower and rooftop structures and foundations using hand-calculations, tower analysis software (RISA 3D and TNX Tower) and other accepted engineering methods
• Conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting
• Designs reinforcing and extension solutions
• Coordinates and manages timelines and milestones
• Coordinates with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
• Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
• Work closely with Business Development team to prepare contracts for A/E drawings and structural work including review of scope and fees
• Management of CAD Design team members in preparation of equipment and antenna layout drawings for lease exhibits, zoning drawings, and construction drawings
• Serve as design professional of record for zoning drawings and construction drawings for permitting purposes
• Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects
• Ensures accurate project status reporting
• Responsibilities will also include project planning and client contact
This position can also sit in Atlanta, GA.
- 5-10 years of related experience required
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline required
- California SE License OR has fulfilled all of the CA for SE license and can get their license in a short time period (6 months) is required
- Ability to travel when needed required
- Valid drivers license required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that youll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...