The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Senior Electrical Buildings Engineers have exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, Data Centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Prepare basis of design report for the project
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Manage work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Lead meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
- Manage quality of work, and interface with clients
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required, Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer licensure is required
- 8 years working for an MEP firm required
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD
- Knowledge of NFPA Standards is required
- Working knowledge of other building systems (e.g. door finish hardware, IT building communications, lighting controls and BAS networks) as these relate electrical systems is required
- This individual must be able to work within a multidisciplinary design team and is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- 4 years' experience working on data center, power, VPS systems, generator systems and medium voltage distribution projects preferred
- LEED AP preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Associated topics: adapter, circuit, energy, image processing, kv, lighting, renewable, rf, transmission, wind