Mechanic (RetroFit Team)
Compensation: $114,590.00 - $168,140.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking multiple Abrams Tank Mechanic’s to support one of our top government clients on Ft. Hood, TX on a contract assignment. If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity please contact Mike Zwada, at Micz597@kellyservices.com or apply online. Responsibilities:
- Experienced maintenance mechanic, familiar with the deprocessing, retrofit, troubleshooting and maintenance tasks on multiple military vehicle platforms, (including M1 Abrams Family of Vehicles), willing to travel with the United States.
- Provide input to program planning, schedules, and maintenance techniques for multiple military vehicles.
- Identify and repair technical malfunctions and assist Field Service Representative as applicable
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership responsible for maintenance.
- Must have three (3) or more years of maintenance experience in two or more different military vehicles (Abrams experience preferred).
- Able to maintain technical proficiency and subject matter expertise on multiple platforms.
- Must be able to gain access to U.S. military bases or facilities.
- Able to secure and maintain a NACI and United States Passport; if required.
- Must be willing to travel within the United States on little notice to perform maintenance tasks, scheduled and unscheduled, and deprocessing.
- Required to work at various heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, to work in enclosed spaces - often in awkward positions, extreme temperatures, dusty environments and multiple shifts.
- Able to kneel, stoop and bend from 25-40 percent of a normal work day on a vehicle.
- Must possess a valid State Driver's License and be able to obtain a military license.
- Must meet the anthropometric requirements to enter into the driver's station or into an enclosed military vehicle.
- Be able to work autonomously with U.S. or foreign government personnel.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...