- $63,040.00 -141,170.00/year*
Job Description Summary
Join Cardno's Science and Environment team to play an integral role in providing environmental consulting services with specialties in natural resources, cultural resources, environmental permitting and compliance and environmental liability.
Cardno ChemRisk is a scientific consulting company that uses risk assessment to solve public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. The projects we work on often utilize multidisciplinary skills to address possible chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or radiological hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water, or air). We specialize in solving problems of national importance, often related to major regulatory initiatives or mass torts involving occupational exposures.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with ambitious and self-motivated staff. We are continuously considering applications for full-time Health Scientist positions in San Francisco, CA; Aliso Viejo, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Arlington, VA; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA and Cincinnati, OH.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
* Critically evaluating and summarizing scientific literature on environmental and occupational health topics
* Evaluating allegations and reviewing case materials in support of experts testifying in toxic tort litigation
* Performing quantitative exposure and risk assessments
* Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations, and proposals
* Contributing to or leading scientific manuscripts and conference presentations
* Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degree in toxicology, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, biostatistics, engineering, or public health
* Proficient understanding of multiple public health fields
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Aptitude for multi-tasking among various projects while meeting budgets and deadlines
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
For more information on Cardno ChemRisk's practice areas, please visit www.cardnochemrisk.com.
* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background, and reference screening prior to receiving an offer. Sponsorship is not currently available for this position.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Associated topics: disease, food scientist, immunohematology, immunology, industrial hygienist, microbiology, nutrition, patient, toxicologist, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...