- Bristol Myers Squibb
- $94,360.00 -141,170.00/year*
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has expanded the large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion included biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
The Assistant Scientist/Engineer will be a part of the Process Development Downstream team in Devens, MA that is responsible for late-stage process development of BMS's growing biologics pipeline. This role is within the Biologics Development organization at Devens, MA. Specifically, this person will be on a team to develop downstream processes, with some focus on (but not limited to) membrane-based unit operations (depth filtration, viral filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration). The candidate will work closely with the overall downstream team, manufacturing, MS&T, analytics, and R&D groups in a matrix, team organization.
* Hands-on operation of equipment needed for downstream process development.
* Design, execution, and analysis of laboratory experiments.
* Support process development and scale-up activities.
* Prepare/review technical documents including development and tech transfer reports.
* Evaluate new technologies and perform the necessary experiments to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
* Support lab initiatives for increased efficiency, organization, continuous improvement.
* B.S. in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent.
* Prior knowledge/experience in downstream process development and unit operations preferred, including harvest, preparative chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, viral inactivation and viral filtration.
* Prior knowledge/experience with analytical techniques is preferred, including HPLC, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis and ELISA.
* Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis is preferred.
* Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up is preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team and matrix environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: biological engineer, biomedical, biophysics, fermentation, genetic, molecular, neuro, neurodegenerative, pharmaceutical, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...