Senior Research Investigator - Translational Discovery Biology
Compensation: $103,730.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Senior Research Investigator will join the Translational Discovery Biology team at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Redwood City, CA to lead efforts to deliver potential biomarker and mechanism of action data for targets in the tumor microenvironment.
The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive and creative individual that possesses substantial experience in the biology of immune cells, preferably in the tumor microenvironment. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups. The candidate will lead a team that will collaborate closely with various target teams to build deep, mechanistically driven biology packages to support advancement of therapeutic candidates. This group will build target engagement, receptor occupancy and pharmacodynamic readouts for early targets and will interface and collaborate with teams responsible for human tissue analysis, flow cytometry, mouse models and IHC. The successful candidate has superb verbal and written communication skills and is capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams, senior management and at external scientific meetings. The candidate will act as an expert resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines, and collaborate across a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- A Ph.D. degree with 4+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academic immuno-oncology research or a closely related field.
Skills and experience:
- A sophisticated understanding of Oncology or Immunology/Immuno-Oncology, as evidenced by publication record.
- Familiarity with biomarker and companion diagnostic identification and their application to clinical samples.
- Experience with primary immune cells of rodent and human origin as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the basics of cellular immunology, as it applies to cancer.
- Experience with or expertise in primary human samples is highly desired, as is the ability to utilize these samples to build a mechanistic understanding of disease biology.
- Deep experience in applying flow cytometry and sequencing data to human immune and cancer biology.
- Management/supervisory experience and passion for developing talent and building a highly collaborative and interactive team
- Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact, internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts across various forums is required.
This position is located in Redwood City, CA and will be ~50% lab-based. There will be less than 10% Travel.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...