Lead Automation Engineer (Lexington)
Compensation: $94,360.00 - $141,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Automation Engineer will be an integral part of the Automation & IT function in Bristol-Myers Squibb at Devens, MA. The role will serve as a key individual contributor by leading or participating in automation engineering initiatives in support of manufacturing operations, system enhancements and site expansion activities - primarily for Clinical manufacturing and Biologic development operations.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions.
- Participate in cross functional teams from manufacturing, manufacturing technology, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and validation departments to develop requirements, recommendations and business justification for system modifications.
- Implement control system modifications following standard operating procedures.
- Support/Lead automation system troubleshooting and resolution activities.
- Manage systems integrators, equipment suppliers, contractors and other external vendors. Act as a liaison between external vendors and cross functional site team members.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- On-call rotating support for IT/Automation systems across the site.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or similar regulated industries.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- A minimum of five (5) years' hands-on development experience in DeltaV control system (Batch and/or Continuous).
- Ability to work with plant engineers, manufacturing operators, management and external vendors to manage projects and assignments is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioinformatic, biomechanics, biosynthetic, enzyme, genetic, molecular, msat, neuroscience, nutrition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...