- Bowman Consulting Group
- $102,170.00 -157,070.00/year*
1 Cedar Rd
Civil Engineer II - Cedar Knolls, NJ8684
Civil Engineer II - Cedar Knolls, NJ
Our energetic and growing Bowman Consulting team in Cedar Knolls, NJ has an opening for a key contributor ready to make an immediate impact. As a Civil Engineer II leverage your Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and hands-on professional engineering experience to work side by side with senior engineers, clients and partners to tackle design challenges and build better, stronger New Jersey communities.
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. Thats why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our clients and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Civil Engineer II will:
* Work with senior level engineers; clients and agencies; subcontractors; and design teams to solve complex engineering project issues
* Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on basic project issues
* Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for assigned phases of large land/site development
* Assist with the development of plans, specifications, and reports as needed
* Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications
* Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work
* Complete design work using computer aided software
* Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects
* Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
* Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
* Assist in training and assigning work to junior engineers and CAD staff
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
* Five (5) years experience in land development or related industry or equivalent military service
* PE registration strongly preferred
* Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil3D
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Familiarity with reading construction plans
* Solid background in drainage design including hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Civil Engineer II - Cedar Knolls, NJ
Associated topics: civil, concrete, construction, department of transportation, drainage, function, remedial, road, structural analysis, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...