Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Engineer/Analyst
What if you could use your engineering skills to transform positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) systems research? As a PNT systems engineer and analyst, you understand the power behind complex systems. That knowledge is key when it comes to assisting the DoD with PNT research to improve accuracy and resiliency.
Work with world-class scientists and engineers to impact national security investment through the development of cutting-edge technologies for military applications. Provide technical management support and strategic assessments of new PNT technologies to support senior DoD decision makers, including conducting background research for evaluating the feasibility of and potential applications for new technological concepts. Produce and present findings and recommendations to a team of colleagues and clients, assist with technical program management and program development, and brief materials out for government research and development efforts. Apply expertise in exploring new concepts and identifying technological gaps in need of investment and assist with managing program performance and risk. Draft technical briefings for both technical and public audiences, perform travel for program reviews, site visits, and performer testing, and work as part of a diverse team to meet client needs. Provide technical engineering consulting and evaluations on the design, development, and modification of PNT systems, subsystems, and components. Develop and recommend design approaches for new or improved products and/or processes. Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
* 3+ years of experience with PNT systems technical engineering and analysis
* Experience with electronics design and analysis, including application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and microelectromechanical (MEMs) systems
* Knowledge of internal measurement unit (IMU) design and analysis-Experience with DARPA, or other DoD R&D organization
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* BS degree and 3+ years of experience with physics, electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with authoring technical papers, reports, or program plans for technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience with technical project or program management
* Ability to work in Arlington, VA
* Possession of excellent client service and communications skills
* Possession of excellent analytic and problem solving skills
* Secret clearance
* MS or PhD degree in Physics, EE, CS, or Computer Engineering
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people?no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic?to fearlessly drive change.