Director - Discovery Biology
Compensation: $127,916.67 - $157,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
OverviewBlack Diamond Therapeutics
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company's proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
Black Diamond has an exciting opening for an experienced cancer biologist to serve as Director - Discovery Biology
at the research site located in New York City. Reporting to the VP of Discovery Biology, the incumbent will lead a biology team and drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with others to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.Responsibilities
- Leads/co-leads multi-disciplinary team of biologists, chemists, and pharmacologists to progress drug discovery projects from target validation and discovery implementation to clinical development candidate nomination
- Recruits, oversees, and mentors a team of biologists to validate novel allosteric oncogenes, execute biology strategy, and implement screens to effectively drug allosteric oncogene targets
- Stays abreast of the latest scientific and competitive developments and applying knowledge to project strategy.
- Drives new technology development to support evaluation of oncogenic mechanisms and effective drug discovery
- Represents project team(s) and reports project update to Research Leadership Team including prepares and presents hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans)
- Contributes to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- An experienced cancer biologist with a Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, pharmacology or a related scientific field
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in oncology drug discovery (large or small molecule) in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
- Demonstrated accomplishment in drug discovery targeting oncogenic driver mutations
- Experience in leading biology and cross-functional teams
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.
Associated topics: bio, biology, biomaterials, biomechanics, bioprocessing, hereditary, medical, molecular, msat, nutrition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...