Health, Safety and Environmental Engineering (HSE) Co-Op
Co-Op Opportunity for Safety or Industrial Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, or Environmental majors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. A Co-Op in this position will work primarily in the Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) Department.
Required SkillsRequired Experience
- Participate in the development and implementation of beneficial programs/projects aimed at improving employee safety, equipment ergonomics, emergency response systems, and environmental efficiency
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of operational safety, environmental and sustainability metrics
- Participate on new equipment launch teams to complete requirements for HSE, including job hazard analysis, personal protective equipment assessments, machine guarding assessments, waste evaluations and HSE regulatory permitting
- Investigate and contribute to the resolution of employee occupational safety injuries, environmental incidents and property loss events
- Assist with process safety improvement projects, including use of six sigma tools, lean, and project management skills as required
- Contribute and participate in ISO14001/OHSAS18001 implementation and auditing teams. Contribute and participate in corporate HSE regulatory compliance audits to ensure OSHA & EPA requirements are being met.
- Creation and compilation of annual reports for submittal to OSHA and EPA.
- Development of safety and environmental awareness training, communications material and employee events
- Liaison work with Plant HSE, Engineering personnel, and other functional disciplines with potential for travel as required
Associated topics: climate, compliance, ehs, environment, health and safety, hygiene, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage