Loading some great jobs for you...
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer position is offered at either Bell s main campus in Fort Worth, Texas or the Shelton, Connecticut office. For those working in the Fort Worth area, relocation is available. For those working in the Connecticut area, Bell s Shelton office allows candidates to work remotely on the same diverse range of exciting programs without having to relocate. Travel to the main campus in Fort Worth for coordination meetings, testing, and other on-site activities can be expected. For either location, travel to various suppliers may be expected depending on the assignment.
Bell is seeking a self-motivated Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer to support the development of new and novel products and platforms. The Engineer will develop fatigue test requirements for metallic and composite primary structural element testing and conduct fatigue and damage tolerance analysis in support of either FAA part 29 or part 27 Helicopter Certification Programs, or military vertical lift aircraft certification programs.
- Develop fatigue test requirements for coupon testing that would support development of design or certification allowables for materials or the effects of specific processes on materials.
- Develop fatigue test requirements for element testing that would support the development of point design allowables for joint configurations or other design-specific features.
-Develop fatigue test requirements for elevated S-N testing of metallic components, spectrum testing of composite dynamic components, or spectrum testing of assemblies containing both metallic and composite structure.
-Develop fatigue test loads in accordance with certification requirements for metallic and composite fatigue testing of aircraft dynamic components.
-Perform fatigue safe-life and damage tolerance analyses to establish metallic component retirement times and inspection intervals.
-Perform fatigue and damage tolerance analyses to establish composite component replacement times and inspection intervals.
- Interface with structural analysis and design organizations, materials & processes, structural test laboratories, flight test, manufacturing and civil or military certification authorities.
- Write and review technical reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. Other equivalent engineering disciplines will be considered with applicable experience.
- Master s degree is preferred.
- At lease 9 years of experience in the aerospace industry, particularly rotorcraft, is preferred.Other industry experience will be considered.
- Experience with structural mechanics, fatigue and/or fracture mechanics.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivation and desire to grow and apply engineering skills.
- Experience with material and/or component fatigue testing.
- Experience with fatigue and/or damage tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge of FAA rules 2X.571 and 2X.573 and associated AC materials.
- Experience using Bell proprietary analytical tools.
- Experience using AFGROW.
- Experience using ENOVIA.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.EEO StatementTextron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Pay Transparency Policy StatementThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.Recruiting Company:Bell Flight
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the TimeTextron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...