Senior Process Analytical Technology Engineer
Bayer in Berkeley, CA
- Industry: Engineering - Biological And Biomedical Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $103,730.00 - 157,700.00 / Year*
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Process Analytical Technology Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Analytical Technology Engineer, are to:
- Be accountable for lab-based PAT installations including instrument selection, procurement, interfacing with processing equipment, maintenance, and application optimization in close partnership with Manufacturing Sciences;
- Develop new in-line, on-line, and at-line analytical methods;
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to refine business process for Process Analytical Technology (PAT) from development to tech transfer;
- Advance multivariate data/statistical analysis for method development, investigation troubleshooting, and product quality control strategy;
- Be responsible for maintaining and curating critical knowledge and developing best practice related to PAT;
- Maintain excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential for success in this role, as are strong organizational and time management skills;
- Present research results in both written and oral form to colleagues, managers, and outside collaborators in a clear, compelling, and effective way;
- Provide engineering support to the day-to-day operations of the PAT lab by installing/maintaining in-line analytical instruments, troubleshooting that equipment (if necessary) and ensuring proper operation of the instruments.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or Chemical Engineering or related physical science with a minimum of six years relevant experience or Master s degree with a minimum of two years relevant experience, or Ph.D. with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Previous hands on experience in both High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography analysis, Cedex Hires, Blood Gas analyzers (BGA) and method development as well process analytical experience preferably in an industrial research environment related to biotechnology;
- Expertise and fundamental understanding of other spectroscopic and chromatographic methods such as IR, fluorescence, Raman, UV/VIS;
- Possess excellent skills for mechanical and electronic instrumentation adaption and repair as well statistical data interpretation;
- Experience with optimizing and troubleshooting the interface between the process being measured and the analytical analysis of the process (analytical sampling, impact of process variables on the analysis, analytical process integration, and data reporting);
- Ability to work on multiple and simultaneous projects as part of a team in a global, fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting where priorities may change quickly;
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with co-workers and customers from diverse backgrounds and educational levels;
- Capable of independently developing and troubleshooting analytical methods;
- Ability to present research results in both written and oral form to colleagues, managers, and outside collaborators in a clear, compelling, and effective way;
- Adaptable team player that thrives in a cutting edge, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where priorities can change quickly;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed;
- Experience in developing methods for automated process sampling and data analysis, evaluating cutting-edge analytical techniques;
- Ability to maintain a high-level scientific profile both internally and externally in terms of pipeline contributions and scholarly achievements;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentation, the ability too simultaneously support three to five development programs, and solid method and instrument troubleshooting skills;
- Demonstrate clear communication, innovation, leadership, teamwork, and creative problem- solving.
- Advanced understanding of chemical reactions in early stage development through the design and implementation of on-line/at-line/in-line measurement systems;
- Experience in developing a broad array of rapid spectroscopic, chromatographic, and imaging methods including on-line High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Raman, Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR), Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM), Focused Beam Reflectance Measurement (FBRM), Gas Chromatography, UV-Vis, Blood Gas Analyzer (BGA), Cedex Hires, and other state-of-the-art analytical instruments;
- Partner with colleagues from Manufacturing Sciences and Technologies (MSAT) analytical chemistry, and occasionally pharmaceutics groups to support batch and continuous manufacturing efforts for large molecules.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : California : Berkeley
Reference Code: 138592
+ 1 888-###-####, option #5
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioprocessing, genetic, neurodegenerative, neuroscience, nutrition, pain, parenteral, pathogenesis, therapeutic
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!