WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection and style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, and multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, and autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Company's original guiding mission still rings true today - fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
As a support engineer at BaubleBar, you will be part of the Engineering Team and report directly to the VP of Engineering. The role will be supporting and taking ownership of ad-hoc projects, day-to-day technical activities, automation strategies, documentation, testing, and internal tooling.
You will participate in architecture decisions, code reviews, molding our engineering culture, and be encouraged to contribute to the language-agnostic ecosystem loved and used by millions of users.
This role is perfect for someone who is at an early phase of their career and is looking to immerse themselves in a high-velocity, multi-stack environment with a strong engineering foundation.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
* Collaborate with various teams to gather assets and materials to build, test, and launch digital content
* Effectively communicate technical knowledge in easily digestible emails, documentation, and how-to guides
* Define and implement a testing framework to ensure the overall quality of the product through pre and post-production phases.
* Identify production issues and bugs and create clear descriptions of them and reproducible steps to help them be solved quickly
* Develop, integrate, and maintain tools that improve reliability, scalability, and operational capacity
* Monitor the production environment and escalate inconsistencies, elevated error rates, and performance degradations
* Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects
* Stay knowledgeable about latest industry standards and trends
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
* Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with recent internships, or 3+ years of hands-on experience within an engineering organization
* Knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Node.js, Python, PHP, Scala, Redis, Postgres or similar)
* Build and release experience. Working knowledge of SCM tools (one of the git variant, preferably GitHub)
* Proficiency with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent (Trello/Bootcamp/Asana)
* Good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring the final product is both polished and sustainable
* Excellent writing, presentation (written and verbal) skills
* Superb time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills
* Strong team spirit, collaborative work approach and significant enthusiasm for brainstorming
Associated topics: architect, architectural, architecture, building, construction, drafter, structural engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...