Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Structural Field Engineer for our $150MM wastewater project in Highland, California. The Sterling Natural Resource Center facility will provide a sustainable source of water for area residents and include community space with demonstration gardens, an amphitheater, picnic areas, walking trails and educational space for the San Bernardino City Unified School District.
The primary role of the Structural Field Engineer is to assist the Project Engineer and Superintendent with the planning and daily execution of the project as it relates to the construction of large structural concrete and CMU structures Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
* Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material.
* Research, recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
* Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, specifications.
* Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches or work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
* May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
* Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
* May provide necessary building controls lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of material. Responsible for management of materials.
* Track quantities and production quantities for work performed.
* Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor project schedules. MS Project or P6 Primavera experience beneficial.
* Provide assistance to Project Superintendent with all aspects of project.
* Provide surveying service to company supervision and crafts to ensure construction work complies with design drawing locations.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's directions.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
* 3 years minimum of civil/structural/earthworks experience on large heavy civil construction projects.
* Working knowledge of construction equipment techniques, drawings and specification, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
* Ability to assume responsibility and interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
* Familiarity with project management systems such as Primavera Contract Manager, Expedition, SharePoint, etc.
* Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* 5 or more years of civil/structural/earthworks experience on large heavy civil construction projects
* Experience in design build construction of water treatment plants
* Engineering experience in structural concrete
* Knowledge of CAD and Primavera
* Experience with Revit 3D modeling
* Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively run multiple tasks.
* Positive and professional attitude
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm?, we are challenging the construction industry's assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
Associated topics: asic, catia, chip, digital, engg, engineer, pc, plc, semiconductor, vlsi